Neonatal Health and Education
Neonate period refers from birth to 28 days of life. In the first 28 days of life the child is at high risk of dying and is a crucial period of life. During this period appropriate care and feeding should be provided in order to lay the foundation for healthy life as well as to improve the child’s chances of survival. As newborns are completely dependent on their mothers, care is an effective way to cater to the needs of the baby which includes thorough and immediate drying, cord clamping and cutting after the first minutes after birth, skin to skin contact of the newborn with the mother, early initiation of breastfeeding, exclusive breastfeeding, increasing hand washing, counselling families on when to take a new-born to a health facility and immunization.
- Track 1-1 Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Track 2-2 Drugs, Vaccines, and Immunization for New Borns
- Track 3-3 Neonatal Dermatology and Allergy
- Track 4-4 Neonatal Pulmonary Disorder & Resuscitation
- Track 5-5 Neonatal and Pediatric Cardiology